The competition is open to classical guitarists of all nations born since June 1st 1984 and interested in following an international career. It will be held in three main rounds following a preliminary round using recordings.
The deadline for applications is Feb. 15th, 2017.
Along with the application form candidates shall enclose:
- an unedited recording of their own performance for the preliminary round (Audio-CD is preferable)
- a curriculum vitae
- program for the competition
- a recent photo (digital)
- a photocopy of passport, ID-card or similar
- proof that the application fee (25,00 €) has been paid (photocopy or similar)
The decision of the preliminary selection committee regarding accreditation for the main rounds will be reached and submitted by March 15th, 2017. On receipt of the confi rmation for the main rounds, the participation fee of 45,00 € becomes payable. The payment of the application fee has to be made to the bank account named below. The bank transfer has to be "free of charge to the payee" and should indicate "Competition" and the participants name by way of reference.
International Guitar Festival Heinsberg
Bank: Kreissparkasse Heinsberg
IBAN: DE 46 31251220 000 2022002
BIC: WELA DE D1 ERK
As an alternative, a non-negotiable cheque marked "free of charge to the payee" can be send in with the application. The application fee can also be transferred by PayPal. For further information please contact offi firstname.lastname@example.org before making any transaction via PayPal.
- All participants of the main rounds are offered free accommodation in host families. Accommodation includes breakfast. Confirmation is given with the confi rmation for main rounds. In case of no capacities left, there is no right on free replacement.
- In case participants do not wish to or cannot be accommodated in host families, the organizer offers help to fi nd a hotel or similar (no liability assumed).
Preliminary round (recording):
- free choice of program
- total time minimum 10-15 minutes including
- at least one of the Etudes No. 2, 7 or 12 by Heitor Villa-Lobos
- at least one slow movement from a sonata
The participants of the main rounds will be informed by March 15th, 2017.
Draw of the performing order for the fi rst main round: May 23rd, 2017, 7:45 pm
- 1st Round, May 24th and 25th, 2017
- free choice of program; total time max. 15 minutes - including the Etude played in the preliminary round
- 2nd Round, May 26th, 2017
- free choice of program; min. 17, max. 20 minutes - music from different epochs
- Finals, May 27th, 2017
- free choice of program; min. 30, max. 35 minutes - music from different epochs
- No work played during any preceding main round may be repeated.
- All performances in the competition must be played entirely from memory.
- The competition programmes submitted are binding. Later alterations will not be considered.
• All participants of the main rounds have to attend the draw of performing order personally. It will be held on May 23rd, 2017.
• All performances of the competition are open to the public.
• All participants accept that all performances may be cast or recorded using any technical means. They expressly waive any right attaching to or derived from that and accept that all rights are held by the organizer.
• The decisions of the juries are fi nal and binding. All competitors waive all right to bring any challenge or complaint of any kind whatsoever.
• The jury may stop any performance.
• Performances exceeding the time limit may be stopped by the jury, leading to a possible deduction of points.